LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles County authorities say a 15-year-old girl shot while hanging out with friends in the front yard of a home has died.
Sheriff's officials say a gunman walked up to the group on the lawn and fired several shots Saturday night near Covina. Arriving deputies found the girl suffering at least one gunshot wound. The victim was hospitalized in grave condition. Deputy Charles Moore tells City News Service the girl died Sunday afternoon.
Detectives haven't identified a possible suspect or determined if the girl was targeted.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- California Teen Gunned Down In Front Yard
- California May Expand 'Red Flag' Gun Law
- Driver Plows Through Front of Phoenix Dispensary
- Caught on Video: Christmas Decorations Stolen From Yard
- California Bans Gun Sales to People Under 21
- Police: Teen Admits to Molesting 50 Children in California
- State Trooper Kicks Down Front Door to Rescue Four Dogs
- Depressed teen's guns didn't raise red flags for host family of Florida shooter
- Earthquake Strikes Northern California
- Sheriff: Man Hospitalized after He 'Jumped' in Front of Moving Truck