YREKA, Calif. -- CASA of Siskiyou County is looking for people to volunteer to help advocate for children that have been removed from homes because of abuse or neglect.
Anyone older than 21 years old can apply. You must pass a background check, and go through a 30 hour training period.
There are information meetings to learn more about becoming a CASA volunteer:
- 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 21 at the Mount Shasta Resource Center
- 7:00 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 23 at the Scott Valley Resource Center in Fort Jones
- 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 28 at the CASA office on S. Main Street in Yreka
- CASA of Siskiyou County Looking for Volunteers
- Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Investigate Suspicious Death
- Winter Storm Warning Issued for Siskiyou County
- State of Emergency Declared in Siskiyou County
- California National Guard Arrives In Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou County Voters Hope for Republican Governor
- Two People Found Dead in Siskiyou County
- Siskiyou County Fire Crews Help Fight Southern California Wildfires
- Kids No Longer Stay Overnight at Siskiyou County Corrections Center
- Teacher Who Fled With Teen to Siskiyou County Pleads Guilty