PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Police in Gresham, Oregon say a teen girl has been hospitalized after she was struck by a bullet fired from more than a block away.
The girl, who police described as about 16 or 17 years old, was standing outside her apartment talking to friends when she was hit around 10 p.m. on Saturday. Her condition wasn't immediately known but she was expected to survive.
The East Metro Gang Enforcement Team is investigating the shooting. Officers said two men were fighting some distance from the teen, and at least one of them fired a gun, which hit the girl in the stomach. Police said she was not the intended target of the shooting.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
5/13/2018 11:52:01 AM (GMT -7:00)
- Bystander Teen Hit By Bullet Fired Down The Street
- The Impacts of Bullying on Bystanders
- Bullet Flies Through Nursery During Medford Shooting
- Street Tacos
- Charges Brought Against Teen in Columbia Gorge Fire
- Teens 'Remarkably' Unhurt After Curry County Car Crash and Fire
- Number of People Ordered to Flee California Fires Hits 15,000
- Teen Sex Rule Causes Controversy
- Teens Question Oregon Gubernatorial Candidates
- East Pine Street Construction Reaches Halfway Point