BUTTE FALLS, Ore. -- Butte Falls Charter School was delayed two hours Monday because of the weather and icy roads. Buses ran exactly two hours behind schedule and breakfast was not served.
Principal Dianne Gorman said she and the superintendent used to make that call the day of. They realized doing it as early as possible is best so everyone can plan ahead.
"You have to get up really early [at] 5AM to decide if what you're going to do that day," Gorman said. "So it's just easier to call a delay and have everyone be safe and then decide. You have a little bit more time to decide than in the morning."
Students still had all of their classes, just the ones before lunch are a half an hour instead of one hour.
Principal Gorman does not expect to delay or cancel school Tuesday but it could be a possibility for Wednesday.
Make sure you check with NewsWatch 12 This Morning and on our website for any updates to school delays and closures across the region.
- Butte Falls Charter School on 2-Hour Delay Monday
- Butte Falls School District On 2-Hour Delay Monday
- Butte Falls Charter School Cancels Classes
- Butte Falls Charter School Goes into Lockdown, Student Arrested
- LOGOS Charter School Welcomes Sparrow
- Logos Public Charter Schools Gets Their Sparrow
- Charter Spectrum Reports Widespread Outage
- SCHOOL DELAYS AND CLOSURES
- SCHOOL CLOSURES AND DELAYS
- School Delays and Closures