BROOKINGS, Ore.--The Curry County Sheriff's Office says a suspect in a shooting from last month has been identified and is in custody.
On December 28th, 2017, 46-year-old William Terebesi was shot several times while at his storage unit located at Strahm Storage on Oceanview Drive in Harbor, Oregon.
Terebesi drove himself to the Sheriff’s Office Sub-Station in Harbor while calling 911 at the same time. Terebesi told authorities he did not know the person that shot him.
The Curry County Sheriff’s Office was assisted by the rest of the Major Crime Team with their investigation.
After the shooting, a suspect was idetified based on evidence and statements.
The shooting suspect is 27-year-old Robert Kris Stanley from Brookings but originally from South Carolina.
The Major Crime Team learned that a couple days after the shooting, Stanley had left the area to Shelton Washington and was staying in a motel there.
Last week a warrant was obtained from the court for Attempted Murder and Assault in the First Degree for the arrest of Robert Kris Stanley.
The following day a Curry County Sheriff’s Detective and Patrol Deputy along with two Oregon State Troopers traveled to Shelton Washington where they met with the Mason County Sheriff’s Office and the Shelton Police Department.
Officials located Stanley at a local motel there and took him into custody on the felony warrant.
Stanley has since been transported back to the Curry County Jail.
The family of the victim says he is doing better, but is still recovering.
This investigation is still ongoing.
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls
- Controlled Burn Planned in Brookings
- Suspect in Custody After Running from Car Filled with Drugs
- Suspect in Medford 'Morning Crime Spree' in Police Custody
- Suspect in Custody in Connection with Mailing of Pipe Bombs
- Update: Suspect In Custody After Body Found At Chico State
- Family Looking For Missing Brookings Man
- BREAKING: Small Fire North of Brookings