Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE: Police have arrested a suspect in connection with Monday's hit-and-run that sent one man to the hospital.
BPD says that they were able to identify Dustin Davidson (recently of Gold Beach) as the suspected driver in the incident. Davidson was arrested at a house in Gold Beach.
Davidson's burnt orange 2016 Toyota Tundra showed damage consistent with debris found at the scene, and appeared to have hit something on the driver's side of the vehicle.
According to BPD, the canopy and rack had apparently been recently removed from the pickup, but have not yet been found.
(Updated as of 5:10 p.m. on Tuesday, June 6)
Davidson was arrested on charges of Failure to Perform Duties of a Driver, Felony—however, BPD says that additional charges are still pending.
BROOKINGS, Ore. — The Brookings Police Department (BPD) is asking for help from the public in tracking down a driver that reportedly hit a man crossing the highway on Monday. Witnesses say that the driver did not stop after striking the victim.
The hit-and-run occurred along Highway 101 near the Blue Coast Inn. Witnesses say that they saw a man crossing the highway when he was struck by a burnt orange 2014-2017 Toyota Tundra pickup in the northbound lane, but the truck did not stop.
Witnesses described the pickup as having an extended cab with a matching canopy, and possibly a dark-colored rack on top of the canopy that extends over the cab of the pickup.
BPD says that the pickup likely has damage on the driver's side. Descriptions from witnesses were confirmed by video evidence and debris found at the scene.
The victim, described only as a 'male,' was transported tby Cal-Ore Almbulance to the Brookings airport, then flown to an out-of-area hospital by Cal-Ore/REACH. BPD did not describe the extent of the victim's injuries.
Oregon State Police were contacted and will be using traffic crash investigators to digitally reconstruct the accident, according to BPD.
BPD asks that if you were a witness to this crime or have any information about this suspect vehicle, please call Curry County Crime Stoppers at 1-888-974-0000 or 541-412-0989, or the Brookings Police Department at 541-469-3118. You can remain anonymous. Cash rewards of up to $1,000 may be offered for information leading to the arrest and prosecution of those involved.
- UPDATE: Brookings Police Arrest Suspect in Hit-and-Run that Injured One
- Police Arrest Suspect in Medford Hit-and-Run Crash
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Coast Guard Rescues Fisherman Injured Aboard Vessel Near Brookings
- UPDATE: Police Arrest Suspects in Grants Pass Dutch Bros Robbery
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Armed Suspect at Motel
- UPDATE: Hit-and-Run Driver Arrested After Pedestrians Struck in Downtown Portland
- Two Injured, Suspect Arrested in Grants Pass Street Racing Incident
- UPDATE: Missing Brookings Man Found, Sheriff's Office Confirms