BROOKINGS, Ore.— The Brookings-Harbor School District says the district has 108 students with incomplete immunization records for this school year.
The District’s Nurse is reminding parents that a report will be submitted to Curry Community Health on Jan. 17, 2018.
Students with an uncompleted record will be listed.
The district says it has sent out several mailings and notices in the fall.
The health department will review the report and send out exclusion orders to parents and guardians.
Those orders will be mailed on Feb. 7, 2018.
The immunization exclusion date for Brookings-Harbor schools is Feb. 21, 2018, which is the statewide exclusion date in Oregon.
On and after that date, the district says students with incomplete records will be excluded from school until the requirement is met and the school district is provided documentation showing that it has been met.
You can get immunizations at these locations:
School Based Health Center
6 25 Pioneer Rd., Brookings
Tuesdays and Wednesdays
8 a.m. to noon by appointment
Curry Community Health - Brookings
615 5th St., Brookings,
8 a.m. to 11 a.m. by appointment only
1 p.m. to 3 p.m. walk-ins welcome
If parents choose not to immunize their students, they must complete a two-step process, including an online education course with a certificate of completion and signed papers in their school’s office.
For questions call District Nurse Trish Walker at Kalmiopsis Elementary School (541-469-7417) or via email at email@example.com.
- Brookings-Harbor School Dist.: 108 students with incomplete immunization records
- Petitions Submitted to Recall Port of Brookings Harbor Commissioners
- Ways To Keep Your Immune System Strong
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Family Looking For Missing Brookings Man
- Garden Record-Keeping
- ITG: Rewarding Record-Keeping
- Dramatic Fire in Brookings Spares B and B
- Man Arrested in Brookings for Kidnapping and Sex Abuse
- RAW VIDEO: Footage of Missing Brookings Man's Last Appearance Released