TALENT, Ore --- On Saturday, the Talent Zero Waste Team kicked off it's 'Bring Your Own' campaign.
It was a plastic free event of course. In Talent, most single use plastics will be banned this year.
To help businesses, the team is encouraging people not only in Talent, but across Southern Oregon to bring your own silverware, to go containers and straws to restaurants.
"If somebody calls in to make a take-out order, the restaurant can ask do you need utensils or will you be using your own utensils. Just by asking that simple question that customer can avoid receiving disposable utensils that they wouldn't use." said Emily Berlant. She is a member of the Talent Zero Waste Team.
NewsWatch 12 talked to a local business owner in Talent about the reusable silverware. The owner says the more businesses switch, the cheaper the products will become. You can see that full story here.
- 'Bring Your Own' campaign kicks off in Talent
- Talent Hosts Major Recycling Event
- Phoenix-Talent $69 Million Dollar Bond Issue
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Talent
- Talent Gateway Project Taking Steps Towards Completion
- Business Applies to Rebuild Talent Truck Stop
- Longtime Teleservices Business in Talent Shuts Doors
- Talent Police Chief to Retire, Replacement Pending
- Talent Truck Stop Planning Official Reopening
- Professional Conductor Shares Talent With Young Musicians