MEDFORD, Ore-- Hundreds of 'Boycott Circle K' signs can be found in East Medford.
"So many people in this neighborhood have so much to lose." said Judy Farnsworth. She is against the Circle K. "I'm so against it, it isn't funny."
"Once the sign's went up on the property everybody here kind of went up in arms. Wondering what the heck are they thinking?" said Gary Sumrak. He is the man behind the signs. "I'm kind of like the signs guy now. "
He's also the guy that went door to door back in April and May getting signatures for a petition against the Circle K. Since then he says the signs happened organically. "I have people calling me at home where do I get signs?" said Sumrak.
Judy Farnworths is against the Circle K, because of her husband's health issues. He has a respiratory health problem and more cars means more exhaust, which means more health problems. "I think out of everybody, my husband and the people at Bonaventure on the other corner have the most to lose." said Farnsworth.
She is also frustrated and against this development, because another gas station is just down the street. "Why do we need it in less than a mile from each other?" said Farnsworth.
She hope the signs might deter the business away. "There is still a chance that Circle K will back out. I'm really hoping so." said Farnsworth.
- Boycott against Circle K continues in East Medford
- Road Closure in East Medford
- Local Governments Considering Nike Boycott
- GOP senators extend boycott in Oregon into 5th day
- Grocery worker union calls for Fred Meyer Boycott
- Family Circle magazine to shut down after December issue
- Medford Police Continue Investigation Into Deadly Drive-By Shooting
- Medford Fire and Rescue continues training for wildfires
- New owners of Medford Tools continuing legacy of inspirational sign
- Wild Birds Unlimited: Medford