BEND, Ore. (AP) - Authorities investigating a car accident in Central Oregon discovered the body of a 24-year-old man near the scene.
Bend police say a driver suffered a medical problem before leaving the highway and crashing onto railroad tracks Wednesday night.
No one was hurt in the crash, but the body of Robert McKinney was found in a spot hidden from the highway.
Oregon court records show McKinney was arrested in November for stealing car keys and entering a motor vehicle. He failed to appear at his arraignment and a warrant was issued for his arrest in mid-December.
Police do not believe his death stemmed from the car accident or foul play.
It's unknown if McKinney had shelter in Oregon. He listed a Joplin, Missouri, address in court papers following his arrest.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
12/28/2017 9:07:39 AM (GMT -8:00)
- Body of Missouri Man Found Near Oregon Railroad Tracks
- Body found near Siskiyou County railroad tracks identified
- Mans Body Found Along Oregon Beach
- Railroad Show Boosts Medford Railroad Park
- BODY FOUND: Terry Dodds
- Police confirm actor Charles Levin’s body found in Oregon
- UPDATE: Body Found in Brush Hours After Oregon Rollover Crash
- Police Believe Body Found In Dayton Is Missing Oregon Mother
- Body Found Belongs to Missing McCloud Man, Sheriff Confirms
- Body Found in River Identified as Missing Douglas County Man