MEDFORD, Ore. --
UPDATE: The Medford Police Department (MPD) has identified the body discovered near Taco Bell on Jackson Street just before 1 a.m. on Monday.
The woman has been identified as 30-year-old Kristina Kellee Campbell. The Jackson County Medical Examiner's Office conducted an autopsy on Campbell's body on Tuesday. MPD said that her next of kin has been notified.
"While the manner and cause of death are pending toxicology results, there is no evidence of foul play. The results of the toxicology can take several weeks," MPD said.
Officers responded to the area near the Greenway and 4th Street Bridge after someone reported finding the body. The cause and time of Campbell's death have yet to be determined.
"Nothing suspicious was located at the scene," MPD said.
The Compassion Highway Project acknowledged Campbell's death in a Facebook post, saying that they would hold a service for Campbell depending on her family's wishes.
"I’m so sorry, I’m so sad your life ended before it even had the chance to get started. You were too young to leave us. I pray the good memories of you live on forever," Compassion Highway said.
(Updated 1 p.m. 10/8/19)
UPDATE: Police were called about the body at 12:51 a.m. The investigation revealed the death is not suspicious, meaning nobody else was involved. An autopsy is underway to determine if the death was the result of an accident, suicide or natural causes.
Right now, we do know it was a white female in her thirties.
Police aren't able to release any more information until next of kin are notified. Medford police said they are waiting for the results of the autopsy before they release the exact time and cause of death.
We will continue to follow this investigation -- and bring you more details as we learn them.
(Updated 10/7/19 at 2:25 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: Medford police are investigating a death after a body was found under the bridge near the Taco Bell on Jackson St. in Medford.
NewsWatch 12 is on the scene to gather more information. This is a developing story.
- Police: No foul play suspected in case of woman found dead near Medford Taco Bell
- Police: 'No Foul Play' in Case of Woman Found Dead Between Yreka Fences
- Grass Fire In Weed Near Taco Bell
- Sheriff: 'Foul Play Not Suspected' in Death Investigation
- Elderly Medford Woman Found Safe
- Street Tacos
- Oregon man who 'survived' on taco sauce granted year's supply of Taco Bell
- Police Identify Man Found Dead in Downtown Medford
- Authorities suspect foul play in the disappearance of a UFC fighter's stepdaughter
- Police: Suspects in Medford Burglaries Found With Stolen Car, Guns