COOS COUNTY, Ore -- An investigation is underway into a body found alongside highway 101 early Monday morning.
The body has been identified as 44 year old William Schippert of Bandon.
Oregon State Police says that they were dispatched to a report of a deceasd person on the highway. Troopers later found Schippert near milepost 278 just before 9:30 p.m.
The preliminary investigation revealed that he was struck by a car just hours before he was discovered. The driver of the car has been identified and is cooperating with the investigation.
Oregon State Police, Bandon Police Department, Coos County Sheriff's Office, and the Coos County District Attorney's office are currently looking into the cause of Schippert's death.
- Body found along highway 101 in Coos County
- OPEN: Highway 101
- One dead, one injured in head-on crash on Highway 101 in Coos County
- One Person Killed in Curry County Crash On Highway 101
- Construction this week on Highway 101 in Curry County
- Officials Expect Highway 101 To Open Ahead Of Monday Commute
- Highway 101 South of Gold Beach Blocked by Landslide
- Highway 101 Still Sinking, Truck Traffic Restricted on Nearby Route
- Highway 101 back open to two lanes north of Brookings
- BODY FOUND: Terry Dodds