GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Oregon State Police (OSP) have announced the identity of the body recovered from the Rogue River on February 16, 2018. They say that the man was 27 year-old Ryne Nace, who has been missing since January 12.
A rafter found Nace's body near the Graves Creek area, about 1/4 of a mile downriver from the Graves Creek boat launch. OSP and the Josephine County Sheriff's Office were able to recover the body from the river.
On Wednesday, February 21, the state medical examiner performed an autopsy of the body and positively identified the man as the missing Nace.
Nace was last seen camping near the Argo boat ramp, about four miles upriver from where his body was found. Evidence from the autopsy did not find anything suspicious about the manner of Nace's death. The OSP statement did not, however, reveal Nace's cause of death.
- Body Found Near Graves Creek Bridge Identified
- Body found in Myrtle Creek identified as missing Roseburg woman
- Body Found Near Morrison Bridge In Portland
- UPDATE: Police Identify Body of Man Found Dead in Bear Creek
- Sheriff: Missing Myrtle Creek man's body found, truck burned
- UPDATE: Graves Creek Road Evacuations Increase to Level 3 "GO"
- BODY FOUND: Terry Dodds
- Body Found in River Identified as Missing Douglas County Man
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- Police Identify Body Found on Trail Near Selma