CENTRAL POINT, Ore. -- Southern Oregon's biggest Holiday Market opens at the Jackson County Expo, today at noon. Admission and parking is free to everyone.
This year, the Expo expanded the Holiday Market to three different buildings. That's because there will be about 170 booths filled with holiday crafts and food. Also new this year are holiday lights strung across and around trees, to make the entire Holiday Market area more festive.
This is the Expo's 12th year hosting a Holiday Market. People who work at the Expo said it keeps getting bigger each year.
"Take some time as you're walking through," said Jackson County Expo Director Helen Funk. "You don't have to hit it all in thirty minutes. We're here. If by chance you want to come back the next day, it's free admission. So, come back as much as you'd like."
Holiday Market vendors will be in the Seven Feathers Event Center, the Padgham Pavillion and the Mace Building. A majority of the handmade gifts will be in the Seven Feathers Event Center.
"If you're going to think about it and come back tomorrow, watch out," said Funk. "I've been caught several years in a row not being able to get what I actually planned on coming back to get. These are signature items and you can't buy them everywhere. They're not necessarily going to be making another one before Christmas."
Some vendors will even be selling homemade food, such as organic pickled vegetables and salsas. The Expo said there will also be food vendors so that people can snack in between their shopping spree.
There will also be holiday staples, like Scentsy at the Holiday Market. Southern Oregon Ski Swap will be at the Expo this weekend, too.
Below are the hours of this year's Holiday Market:
Friday: Noon - 6 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For more information about the Holiday Market click here.
- Biggest Holiday Market in Southern Oregon opens today
- New Southern Oregon Aspire Computer Store Opens
- Local teens are expanding the Southern Oregon pork market
- Southern Oregon for Southern Oregon: Connecting customers to local businesses
- Prescribed burns in Southern Oregon
- Non-Profit Opens First Hospice Care Facility in Southern Oregon
- Starbucks opens its biggest store ever
- Ashland ice rink opens today
- Festival of Trees opens today
- Southern Oregon Fire Crews Aid Southern California in Wildfire Fight