PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - The Northwest Avalanche Center has issued an avalanche warning for the Mount Hood area in northwestern Oregon.
The warning is in effect until 6 p.m. Saturday.
Experts say rain or heavy, wet snow combined with very strong winds are resulting in widespread avalanches.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
1/27/2018 1:12:59 PM (GMT -8:00)
- Avalanche Warning Issued For Mount Hood Area
- One Climber Is Dead After Perilous Day On Mount Hood
- Two 71-year-old hikers missing near Mount Hood
- Massive Avalanche Hits Mt. Shasta
- Climber Stranded on Mount Hood Went There to End His Life
- UPDATE: Body Found on Mount Hood Confirmed to Be Missing Hiker
- 42-Year-Old Man Dies After Falling Into A Tree Well On Mount Hood
- The 5 Red Flags of Avalanche Conditions
- Winter Storm Warning Issued for Siskiyou County
- California Ski Resort Open A Day After Avalanche