KLAMATH RIVER, Ore. —
UPDATE: A body found in the wilderness near Beaver Creek in Siskiyou County appears to belong to missing man Jason Cantrall, according to Sheriff Lopey with the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office (SCSO).
Search and Rescue found Cantrall's body this afternoon just a few hundred yards from where his pickup truck was found on Tuesday, Lopey said.
This is a developing story and NewsWatch 12 will updated this article with more details as they emerge.
(Updated 10/5/18 at 4:20 p.m.)
UPDATE: Rescuers have found Jason Cantrall's pickup truck along Forest Road 40N44 south of Wards Fork Gap, according to the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office.
The truck was unoccupied, and the search for Cantrall continues.
(Updated 10/2/18 at 4:35 p.m.)
INITIAL REPORT: An "at-risk" Siskiyou County man is missing from an area near the community of Klamath River, California according to the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office (SCSO).
46-year-old Jason Cantrall was last seen on Sunday in the Beaver Creek area. He is a Type 1 Diabetic and is insulin-dependent, said SCSO.
Cantrall was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue jeans and a black hat. He was seen driving his silver 2012 Dodge Ram 1500, with California plates reading "38356H2."
Cantrall is described as a white man with red hair, blue eyes, about 5'11" and 145 lbs.
SCSO says that they have an active Search and Rescue operation ongoing in the area. Anyone with information regarding Cantrall or his location should contact Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office Dispatch at (530) 841-2900.
- Searchers Find Body of 'At-Risk' Man Missing Near Klamath River
- Official: Searchers Find Bodies in Hurricane-Stricken Town
- Searchers Find Nothing as Hunt for Missing Girl Continues
- Searchers unable to find Rogue River jet skier, missing for two days
- Woman who went missing in Douglas County found by searchers
- Body Found in River Identified as Missing Douglas County Man
- Sheriff's Office Seeks Missing Klamath County Man
- Authorities Find Body Of Missing Mudslide Victim
- Klamath River Man Arrested For Murdering His Son
- Grand jury finds officer justified in shooting Klamath Falls man