NEWPORT, Ore. — Troopers from the Oregon State Police (OSP) discovered an Ashland woman dead in her car on Wednesday near Depoe Bay, according to a statement from the agency.
OSP was notified of a Toyota Prius left parked at Otter Rock/Devils Punch Bowl State Park around noon.
"Parks reported, it appeared, the Prius had a deceased person in the vehicle," OSP said.
A preliminary investigation found that the Prius had been parked at the State Park for about a week. The vehicle was registered to 68-year-old Leslie R. Lightfall of Ashland.
Once troopers were able to get inside the Prius, they confirmed that it was Lightfall who was dead inside the car.
"It appeared Lightfall had been sleeping in her vehicle and died from natural causes," OSP said.
OSP said that it was assisted by Oregon Parks and Recreation Department, Depoe Bay Fire and Rescue, Ashland Police Department, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, Napa California Police Department, and the Lincoln County District Attorney’s Office.
- Ashland woman discovered dead in her vehicle near Depoe Bay
- Man Swept Away By Sea In Depoe Bay
- MIssing Ashland Woman Found Dead
- Ashland Water
- Yreka Man Dead After Crash with Woman Driving Stolen Vehicle
- 29 Year-Old Ashland Woman Still Missing
- 82-Year-Old Ashland Woman Reported Missing
- Missing woman discovered dead in Curry County over Memorial Day weekend
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival