ASHLAND, Ore. — An Ashland girl is on the long road to recovery after being struck by a driver over the weekend, according to her family.
15-year-old Kailynn Cauley was crossing the street when a senior woman failed to yield at a red light and turned, striking Cauley.
Now Cauley has several fractures in her back. She is able to walk only with the aid of a walker since both of her ankles are sprained. She has also been experiencing recurring nightmares and panic attacks since the incident.
"When I was in the hospital I closed my eyes and I'd just see it happening again. It was scary. That was the street that I was the most cautious about because everybody drives really fast on that street . . . That's where I'm most cautious when I walk and I'm the one who gets hit," said Cauley.
She is now taking painkillers and a medication to help combat the nauseous from the painkillers. Cauley will have in home tutoring for about a month so she can stay on track with school.
Friends of the family have set up a GoFundMe page for Kailynn's recovery.
- Ashland Teen Recovering After Being Struck by Car
- Ashland Water
- UPDATE: Body of Teen Lost at Rockaway Beach Recovered
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival
- Ashland Festival of Light
- Ashland surveying seniors
- TODAY: Ashland Recall Election
- Ashland Recycling Regulations
- Ashland Man Goes Solar