ASHLAND, Ore.-- Ashland firefighters are giving back to seniors in the form of a traditional Thanksgiving feast.
About 100 people came to the annual dinner including 70 seniors which is more than normal.
12 turkeys, 3 hams, 50 pounds of potatoes, green beans, pies, and all the fixings were served for the 9th year in a row.
Battalion Chief Dana Sallee says, "We do this as a family, we look forward to doing this every year. It's about giving back and creating a great atmosphere for people to come together from all different ages to talk about stuff, doesn't really matter what it is… we just talk."
Jim Galt says, "I've been coming ever since it started."
This senior says he worked for a fire department in California-- so it’s been nice getting to know fellow firefighters through the years.
Jim Galt says, "Everyone is involved. The wives, the kids, some of them aren't very old, and some of them have grown up too since we first started these dinners."
Handmade placemats were provided by second graders from Walker Elementary.
- Ashland Firefighters Serve Thanksgiving to Seniors
- Ashland surveying seniors
- Ashland Seniors Petition to Recall Three Commissioners
- Ashland Water
- Firefighters Respond to Flames at Super 8 Hotel in Ashland
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival
- Ashland Festival of Light
- TODAY: Ashland Recall Election
- Ashland Recycling Regulations