ASHLAND, Ore. — A citizen notified Ashland Police Department (APD) this morning that they had spotted a figure clad in tactical gear with a holstered handgun walking around the Ashland High School campus. Both the high school and Lincoln School briefly went into lockdown as APD responded.
After arriving at the campus, APD were able to find and question the subject, but determined that the juvenile male was a current Ashland High student and was not actually armed. The lockdown was immediately lifted, and the APD determined that there was no threat.
The APD say that they will be working with the high school administration and the District Attorney's office to properly address the situation.
- Ashland High School Goes On Lockdown
- Ashland Receives High Grades for Public Schools
- Ashland Water
- Ashland Santa Starts 'Santa School'
- Police: Workers Saved Lives with School Lockdown
- North Medford High Put on Lockdown, Confirmed False Alarm
- Ashland Middle School Adopts Classmate as Sparrow
- Ashland School District Gets 109 Million Dollars
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce
- Ashland Independent Film Festival