ASHLAND, Ore. — After 12 years as Artistic Director for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival (OSF), Bill Rauch will be taking his leave of the organization. Rauch will be joining the Ronald O. Perelman Center for Performing Arts at the World Trade Center in New York City. He will continue to work with the OSF until August of 2019.
Rauch praised his colleagues, the Shakespeare Festival, and the town of Ashland in a statement from the OSF. "'The Festival and this wonderful town are where my husband and I have raised our two children together—it's truly our home in so many senses of the word. We have been deeply impacted and changed by our time here in Ashland.'"
The Perelman Center is set to open in 2020 at the new World Trade Center. The venue aims to become a "global center for the creation and exchange of art, ideas and culture."
Rauch expressed his great excitement for the new opportunity, and the possibilities that the new Perelman Center will have to offer. "'I'm honored to be able to create transformative art and cultivate a community gathering space at a site that has such powerful emotionl resonance for our country and the world.'"
Rauch's colleagues praised his immense contribution to the organization over 12 years, but expressed their optimism about the OSF's future.
Joining the OSF in 2007, Rauch is the fifth artistic director to helm the organization. He will direct productions of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Oklahoma! and Shakespeare's Othello during the 2018 season.
- Artistic Director Bill Rauch To Leave Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Announces Nataki Garrett as New Artistic Director
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Executive Director Departing
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Executive Director Steps Down
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Celebrates Juneteenth
- Smoke Affecting Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Artistic leaders old and new introduce 2020 Oregon Shakespeare Festival
- Shakespeare Festival's 80th Anniversary
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Announces 2017 Playbill
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Green Show Kicks Off