KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.-- The Klamath County Jail confirms 21-year-old Uriah Vargas has been arrested and charged with murder, unlawful use of a weapon, tampering with a witness and probation violation.
Vargas is accused of fatally stabbing Melina Corrine Ghost early Wednesday morning.
Ghost was found fatally stabbed near Oak and Commercial Streets in downtown Klamath Falls.
Law enforcement notified her family of the tragic news. The Klamath County District Attorneys’ office remains available to provide services to her family members.
Klamath Falls Police Department responded and activated the Major Crime Team to handle the investigation.
The Klamath County Major Crime team consists of members from Klamath Falls Police Department, Klamath County Sheriff’s Office, Oregon State Police, Klamath County Community Corrections and the Klamath County District Attorney’s Office.
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested After Pursuit
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Woman found stabbed to death in Klamath Falls
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested in Douglas County After Deputy Pursuit
- Two Arrested Near Klamath Falls After Vehicle Theft
- Sheriff: Suspect Arrested in Previous Theft From Klamath Falls Cemetery
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview