MEDFORD, Ore. — The Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport has a new non-stop destination for flights, according to the Airport Authority. Allegiant Air has added a non-stop route to San Diego, beginning in early June.
“We’re excited to offer Medford travelers with a new nonstop flight option,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant vice president of planning and revenue. “With miles of beaches, scenic coastlines, and the famed Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo, we’re sure this is the perfect summer getaway.”
The new "seasonal" route will begin June 4 and promises one-way fares as low as $59. The Airport Authority said that it will operate twice each week.
“We are extremely pleased to be able to connect our region directly with San Diego on Allegiant’s new route,” said Jerry Brienza, airport director. “This new destination marks the Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport’s 10th destination with direct service. There is also plenty of reverse traffic from San Diego to Medford that will benefit our community. We are grateful to Allegiant for this new partnership and we are committed to making this a successful experience.”
Seats and dates are limited and fares are not available on all flights, the Airport Authority said. Flights must be purchased by Feb. 12, 2020 for travel by Aug. 16, 2020.
- Allegiant announces non-stop flights from Medford to San Diego
- San Diego Beach Still Closed After Shark Attack
- Medford Police Announce Crosswalk Stakeout
- US shuts down major San Diego port of entry as migrants rush border
- Boy, 4, recovering from mountain lion attack in San Diego nature preserve
- A San Diego State University student died after a fraternity event. The university suspended 14 fraternities
- Local Woman Not Allowed on Allegiant Flight After Recent Emotional Support Animal Policy Change
- Medford Police Announce Return of Crosswalk Stakeout
- Medford Police Announce Next Crosswalk Stakeout
- Medford Fire Chief announces his coming retirement