KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — Fourth of July celebrations across Oregon this year will be graced with Air National Guard flyovers, according to a statement from the Oregon Military Department (OMD).
While the 142nd Fighter Wing out of Portland will be serving celebrations in Oregon's northern reaches, Southern Oregon will see flyovers by F-15 Eagle jets from the 173rd Fighter Wing out of Kingsley Field in Klamath Falls.
Passes by those F-15s typically happen at about 1,000 feet above the ground, with an airspeed of 400 miles per-hour. Flights could be canceled or delayed due to inclement weather or "operational contingencies," according to OMD.
SEE BELOW for the current schedule of flyovers at celebrations near you and throughout Southern Oregon:
10:30 a.m. - 4th of July Parade, Klamath Falls, Oregon.
10:50 a.m. - Ashland’s 4th of July Parade, Ashland, Oregon.
10:52 a.m. - Central Point Freedom Festival, Central Point, Oregon
11:00 a.m. - 4th of July Parade, Eagle Point, Oregon.
11:30 a.m. - Neskowin Patriotic Celebration, Neskowin, Oregon.
11:55 a.m. - Creswell 4th of July Parade & Celebration, Creswell, Oregon.
12:30 - Lake of the Woods 4th of July Celebration, Lake of the Woods, Oregon.
- Air National Guard Announces Fourth of July Flyovers
- F-15 Flyovers Planned for Veterans Day Ceremonies
- Rogue Valley Fourth Of July Celebrations
- Memorial Day Flyovers Planned From Klamath Falls Fighter Wing
- Sheriff: Expect Traffic Holdup After Fourth of July Celebration
- California National Guard Arrives In Siskiyou County
- Former Kingsley Airman & WWII Veteran to be Honored by Military Flyover
- Governors Could be Powerless to Deny National Guard Border Deployments
- California Rejects Border Duties for National Guard Troops
- Governor Brown Signs Tuition Bill for National Guard Members