NEW YORK (AP) — IHOP, which teased a name change to IHOb earlier this month, says the "b'' is to promote its burger menu.
The pancake chain has been coy about whether the name flip is permanent, saying Monday that it was "for the time being." Pressed for details, the company would not give an end date for IHOb but referred to the "tongue-in-cheek name change" and said it was tied to the summer burger promotion.
The company known for breakfast already had burgers on the menu, but is adding a line made of Black Angus ground beef. It started using the IHOb name on social media, on its website and for in-store promotions.
The hints of a name change had spurred guesses on social media — and some disappointment Monday at the reveal.
— IHOb (@IHOb) June 11, 2018
- After Teasing Name Change, IHOP Says 'B' is For Burgers
- IHOP changing name to IHOB
- IHOP Construction Proposal Approved
- IHOP Might Return to Medford
- IHOP breaks ground on new Medford location
- New Medford IHOP officially opens Tuesday
- Burger Joints from Memory Lane
- Groundbreaking for Medford IHOP location set for April 1
- South Medford IHOP will open in one week
- Beyond Burgers are coming to Costco