(UPDATE 1:17 P.M.)
City officials in Aurora, Illinois, say a shooter has been apprehended.
A suburban Chicago school district is keeping all of its students in their classrooms as police investigate an active shooter situation at an industrial park in Aurora.
West Aurora School District 129 says on its webpage that officials Friday afternoon are "holding all district students in place for their safety."
The district also says that per directions from the county sheriff, the district has been advised to go into soft lockdown situation and that "teaching will continue with reduced movement."
A building housing that houses the Henry Pratt Co. has been swarmed with police and paramedics after reports of the shooting.
It isn't clear if anyone has been wounded in the shooting.
(UPDATE 1:05 P.M. PST)
An employee at the Illinois company where a shooting has been reported says the gunman is a co-worker.
John Probst told ABC7 that he ran out of the back door of the Henry Pratt Co. building in Aurora as the shooting unfolded Friday afternoon.
Probst says he recognized the gunman and that he works at the company. He said the gunman has "a pistol with a laser."
Probst says he wasn't hurt but that another colleague was "bleeding pretty bad."
Aurora is 40 miles (65 kilometers) west of Chicago.
City officials say there is an active shooter situation at an industrial park in Aurora, Illinois.
The city sent a tweet Friday afternoon saying police are on the scene.
Live TV reports show dozens of first responder vehicles outside a building housing the Henry Pratt Co.
Police have not said if anyone has been shot.
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Active Shooter Reported in Illinois
- Police Respond to Reports of Active Shooter at UPS Facility
- Eagle Point School District Preps for Active Shooter
- Police department teaches people how to respond to an active shooter
- UPDATE: Reports of Gunman on Illinois College Campus "a Hoax"
- Deadly Flu Active In Oregon
- Oregon School Shooter Loses Life-Sentence Appeal
- Officials: Strasbourg Market Shooter Killed in Shootout
- Christchurch mosque shooter faces terrorism charge
- Benefits of Staying Active as We Age