GREENSPRINGS, Ore. -- Crews battled a fire near mile marker 17 on Highway 66 in Green Springs Sunday morning.
Not just any type of fire though. Gene Davis, the Fire Chief of Greensprings, said he has never seen anything like it before.
The fire started when a deer made contact with a droopinhg powerline. The deer was electrocuted and the electricity moved to the ground through the deer, starting the fire.
The fire was 1/10 an acre.
- Fire from deer hitting drooping powerlines
- Fallen Powerline Hot Enough to Turn Pavement into Glass
- Oh Deer!
- Protecting Your Plants From Deer
- Student Gets Concussion From Deer During Fire Drill
- OSP: Three Black Tail Deer Killed Unlawfully
- Man Dead After Deer Darts into Road
- Fire Restrictions and Closures Hunters Need to Know Ahead of Deer Season Opener
- Camp Fire Hits Close To Home