JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. --
UPDATE 12/16 10:20 am
Oregon State Police say the women is 66 year old Vallerie Miller. She is from California.
A woman died in a single car crash along Highway 140 near milepost 30 in Jackson County at around 5 P.M. on Thursday night.
Police say that the driver was traveling east on the highway in her Jeep SUV when her she left the roadway — sliding down an embankment and crashing into a tree.
The woman was the only person in the vehicle, and was pronounced dead at the scene. Authorities have not yet released her identity.
Police say "winter weather conditions" contributed to the crash.
- UPDATE: Woman Dies in Single-Car Crash on Highway 140 in Jackson County
- Lakeview Man Dies in Single Car Crash on Highway 140
- Shady Cove Man Dies in Highway 140 Head-On Crash
- Troopers Patrol Highway 140 Intersection
- Woman dies in single car crash near Selma
- Teen dies in one-car rollover on Highway 140 in Lake County
- Highway 140 Closed Near Mile Marker 22
- 2 Killed in Highway 140 Crash near Kershaw Road
- Deadly Crash Blocks Traffic on Highway 140 Near White City
- Driver Killed in Passing Crash on Highway 140