Henry Thomas, best known for his role as Elliott in the 1982 film "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," was arrested Monday in Oregon, police told CNN.
Jennifer Massey, public information officer for the Tualatin Police Department, told CNN that a concerned passerby called police about a suspicious looking vehicle that was stopped in a lane of travel.
Subsequent investigation by officers resulted in Thomas, 48, being arrested and charged with driving under the influence of intoxicants. Thomas was transported to the Washington County Jail, according to Massey.
Directed by Steven Spielberg, "E.T." made Thomas a child star when the film debuted in 1982.
The actor has gone on to other roles as an adult, including Netflix's "The Haunting of Hill House."
He was released from custody Tuesday morning on his own recognizance, according to a Washington County Jail spokesperson.
CNN has reached out to Thomas and his reps for comment.
- Henry Thomas, star of 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial,' arrested for alleged DUI
- Henry Thomas, star of 'E.T.', arrested for DUI in Oregon
- NASA orbiter spots 'Star Trek' symbol on Mars
- BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina accused of covering up CEO's arrest for DUI
- Disney's new 'Star Wars' theme park coming to a galaxy near you
- Coca-Cola and Disney partner for new 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' land
- Michael Jackson fans sue singer's alleged abuse victims for 'damaging memory of the dead'
- Fact checking Trump's 'Impeach this' map
- Half-Brother of Meghan Markle Arrested on DUI Charge
- Netflix may have to say goodbye to 'The Office' and 'Friends'