KLAMATH FALLS, Ore.-- We have a little more than just a week left of our Coats For Kids campaign. NewsWatch 12 can't do it without you donating those coats and our volunteers taking time to pick up, clean and distribute all of the coats.
Windermere Real Estate in Klamath Falls plays a big role in Klamath County. Employees go around and pick up all of the coats from the drop off locations and take them to get cleaned.
"You drive by playgrounds and you see kids without coats and you just don't know what their story is. So it's nice to be part of that and hopefully provide them with that warmth for the winter," Windermere Real Estate Broker Misty Daniel said.
Winderemere takes those coats to The Laundry Center. Last year, manager Cherilyn See remembers cleaning more than 300 coats. This year, she's already washed and dried more than 470 coats.
"The weather will soon get colder. [These kids] need something warm to wear so it's great that so many people are donating so it will keep the kids warm this winter," See said.
Next, Windermere takes the fresh coats to organizations that will distribute them to families. Klamath Family Head Start is just one of them. The organization is ready to hand out the 200 coats it has on site to any famililes and children who need one.
"It means a lot. It means the world to them to be properly clothed for winter weather regardless of a family's income," said the Parent, Family, Community Engagement Manager of Klamath Family Head Start, Jennifer Brancacio.
Helping children in need is just a part of being in this community.
"It takes all of us to make the community go and this is just a piece of it," added Allison York, the Owner and Principal Broker of Windermere Real Estate in Klamath Falls.
If you're in Klamath County and need a coat for any of the children in your family, you go to Klamath Family Head Start, The Mission or Integral Youth Services. There are plenty of coats for kids in all sizes.
- Volunteers Help Make Coats for Kids Run Smoothly
- Connecting Coats with Kids
- Coats for Kids: Connecting kids in need with coats
- Coats for Kids Drop-Off Locations
- Coats for Kids: Bringing out the Barrels
- Kids are staying warm from Coats for Kids
- Coats for Kids campaign returns, bringing warm coats to local kids in need
- Coats for Kids: The process of getting a coat to a kid in need
- Motorcycle Non-Profit Donates 100 New Coats to Coats for Kids
- Coats for Kids: Motorcycle non-profit buys and donates 41 coats