JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. —
UPDATE: Due to increased fire behavior, the Graves Creek Road area previously designated as a Level 2 (Be Set) evacuation has been upgraded to a Level 3 (Go). Residents should leave the area immediately. Others should avoid the area to make room for emergency vehicles.
Deputies are en route to make evacuation notifications in person. Fire and law enforcement officials are working together to determine the need for new evacuation zones in the adjacent areas. In the meantime, residents should remain vigilant and prepare to leave at a moment's notice.
(Updated as of 4:45 p.m. on Friday, July 20)
INITIAL REPORT: Deputies with the Jackson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) delivered evacuation notices overnight for residents near the Grave #3 fire burning in northwestern Jackson County, according to a statement issued Friday morning.
JCSO describes it as a "remote area is near the Josephine and Douglas county lines." The Grave #3 fire is part of the Garner Complex, which also includes the Pleasant Creek fire.
Level 2 (BE SET) evacuations were issued for homes on Graves Creek Road, north of Ditch Creek. JCSO says that just seven addresses are affected.
Overnight, deputies hand-delivered evacuation notices to all residents in the affected area. According to JCSO, residents closest to the fire had already left their homes. Because the area is isolated and communications are limited, deputies urge nearby residents to be alert to changes in fire behavior, and to leave if they don't feel comfortable.
JCSO reports that no addresses in this evacuation zone have phone numbers or email addresses registered with the Jackson County Emergency Management Citizen Alert program, so no alerts have been sent. To sign up for Citizen Alert, visit www.jacksoncounty.org/alert.
More information about evacuation levels and preparedness can be found at http://www.rvem.org/.
- UPDATE: Graves Creek Road Evacuations Increase to Level 3 "GO"
- Level 3 Evacuations Advised for Elk Creek Road Addresses
- UPDATE: Evacuation Level Reduced Near Sterling Creek Fire
- UPDATE: Level 3 'GO' Evacuation Orders Issued West of Merlin
- Level 2 Evacuations Issued For Taylor Creek Fire
- Level 3 Evacuations Issued for Pleasant Creek Fire
- Level 3 Evacuations Issued Near Watson Creek Fire
- Body Found Near Graves Creek Bridge Identified
- UPDATE: Evacuation Levels Lowered Between Agness and the Klondike Fire
- Living In A Level Two Evacuation Zone