YREKA, Calif. — A wildfire near the southwest corner of Siskiyou County is now reported to cover 350 acres, according to the latest reports from fire officials.
Officials believe that the fire began just before 3 p.m. on Sunday. It is located three miles south of Petersburg station.
About 180 firefighters are estimated to be at the scene, and they have the fire 20 percent contained. Crews worked through the night to construct a fire line—as of this morning, they are about a half-mile from completing that line. Officials hope to finish securing the fire today.
An Evacuation Order has been issued for nearby Lakeview ranch and Glacier View Ranch, while another order for The Big Flat was been downgraded to an Evacuation Warning.
- Ranches Evacuated as Petersburg Fire Threatens Siskiyou County
- Klondike Fire Threatens 200 Year Old Ranch
- 37 Acre Fire Prompts Evacuations In Siskiyou County
- UPDATE: Evacuations Lifted at Siskiyou County's Lott Fire
- Local Ranch Houses Animals of Evacuated Neighbors
- Rescue Ranch Helps Evacuate Animals Near Ramsey Canyon Fire
- Running Y Ranch Resort
- Siskiyou County Fire Crews Help Fight Southern California Wildfires
- CAL FIRE Suspends Burn Permits in Siskiyou County
- Active Wildfire Information: Updates on Southern Oregon & Siskiyou County Fires