UPDATE: A jet skier found dead in the Rogue River on Saturday has been identified as 39-year-old James Dawson, according to the Associated Press (AP).
The Josephine County Sheriff's Office believes that Dawson tried swimming to shore after his jet ski quit working, the AP reports. He was not wearing a life jacket at the time.
(Updated as of 2:00 p.m. on Monday, June 18)
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — Rural Metro Fire says a missing jet skier was found dead in the Rogue River Saturday night.
The rider went missing just below Robertson Bridge.
Units from Rural Metro Fire, AMR-Josephine County, Grants Pass Department of Public Safety, Josephine County Sheriff's Office, Oregon State Police, and Josephine County Search and Rescue all searched for several hours by boat and on the bank.
This is a developing story and will be updated with the latest information as it becomes available.
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify Jet Skier Found Dead in Rogue River
- Jerry's Rogue Jets
- UPDATE: Woman missing near Rogue River has been found safe
- UPDATE: Body Found Near Valley of the Rogue Now Identified
- Rogue River Police Officer Found Not Guilty of Assault
- UPDATE: Near Head-On Crash Kills Driver in Rogue River
- Crews Backburn Close to the Rogue River
- Rogue River Rafting Incident Claims Man's Life
- UPDATE: Man Killed During Penninger Fire Identified by Authorities
- UPDATE: Authorities Identify 11 People Killed in Synagogue Shooting