Photo Gallery 6 Images
UPDATE, June 4th, 6:00AM: The Martin Fire burned 37 acres and is 60 percent contained.
UPDATE: At 8:00 p.m. Sunday night all evacuations will be lifted. According to Cal Fire no homes were damaged.
The Martin Fire is now 30% contained and no longer growing.
Crews will be on the scene throughout the night to put out any hotspots.
SISKIYOU COUNTY, Calif. -- A Siskiyou County fire, known as the Martin fire, is forcing hundreds of people to evacuate from their homes.
According to Cal Fire Siskiyou County Fire Unit, the Martin fire is over 10 acres and is located near Martin and Stanton Drive near Big Springs, CA. At least 300 people have evacuated from Mt. Shasta Vista, outisde of Big Springs, CA.
Authorities said they got calls about the fire around 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Firefighter officials say at least 150 structures are threatened and that there are structures that have been damaged or destroyed.
A shelter will be set up at the Yreka fairgrounds.
This is a developing story.
- 37 Acre Fire Prompts Evacuations In Siskiyou County
- Ranches Evacuated as Petersburg Fire Threatens Siskiyou County
- UPDATE: Evacuations Lifted at Siskiyou County's Lott Fire
- Northern California Wildfires Prompt Evacuations, Burn Homes
- Hood River Fire Prompts Columbia River Gorge Evacuations
- Fire Season's End Prompts Elimination of Evacuation Notices
- Siskiyou County Fire Crews Help Fight Southern California Wildfires
- CAL FIRE Suspends Burn Permits in Siskiyou County
- Active Wildfire Information: Updates on Southern Oregon & Siskiyou County Fires
- Siskiyou County man accused of firing gun at wife, mother