EUGENE, Ore. — The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is looking for an Oregon transient, who they say has been calling their offices with death threats.
Shawn Weatherhead is a transient with connections to Springfield and Eugene in Oregon, Eureka in California, and Reno in Nevada. According to the FBI, Weatherhead has been calling the FBI's Public Access Line in Clarksburg, West Virginia and other FBI offices around the country, sometimes aggressively.
The calls began in December of 2015, and continued at least into last year. The FBI approximates that Weatherhead placed over 1,000 calls to them.
On at least three occasions in early April of 2017, Weatherhead's calls became violent, and he threatened to kill people, according to the FBI. A federal judge from the Northern District of California issued an arrest warrant for Weatherhead on October 24, 2017.
Weatherhead is described as a white man with hazel eyes and brown hair. He is about 5'6" tall, and weighs about 140 pounds. He has tattoos all over his body—including his forehead, chin, arms, wrist, hand, right leg, and back. The word "dork" is tattooed across his throat.
The FBI asks that anyone with information about Weatherhead's location should contact their local FBI office or submit a tip via the FBI tip inbox. In Oregon, call the FBI at (503) 224-4181. In California, call the FBI in San Francisco at (415) 553-7400. In Nevada, call the FBI in Reno at (775) 328-4000.
- FBI Requests Help in Finding Fugitive
- FBI seeks fugitive in 20-year-old Douglas County rape case
- Fugitive arrested in Jackson County
- FBI seeks Oregon fugitive 8 years after attempted murder of police officer
- Authorities Search for Fugitive Rape Suspect
- FBI Doesn't Find Motive for Vegas Mass Shooting
- Sheriff: Wanted Fugitive Confronted During Boat Burglaries, Jumps into Water
- Portland Police shot a Federal Fugitive in Fred Meyer
- Sheriff, Marshals Seeking Armed Fugitive in Josephine County
- California Agrees to Limited Troop Deployment for Trump's Request