MEDFORD, Ore. -- On Saturday February 17, 2018 just after 7:00 p.m. the Medford Police Department responded to the report of a gunshot heard in the 2700 Block of N. Pacific Hwy.
Once officers arrived, they attempted to contact the male suspect, who reportedly had a handgun. Police said the suspect is 29-year-old Kevin Charles Pelletier Jr. The male tried to flee on foot but was quickly surrounded by officers. He then turned towards officers and grabbed onto a gun in his waistband.
Police said he initially failed to comply with commands and challenged officers on scene, while his hand was still on the gun.
He eventually complied with officers and was taken into custody without further incident. A handgun was removed from his person.
Officers found evidence that a shot was indeed fired prior to law enforcement arrival; however, there were no injuries or structural damage. It was determined the suspect has made recent threats to kill law enforcement prior to this incident.
He was lodged at the Jackson County Jail on multiple charges including Attempted Assault I, Menacing, Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Unlawful Use of a Weapon, and Disorderly Conduct. Medford Police case number 18-3467.
- Police Arrest Armed Suspect
- Police Arrest Suspect in Medford Taxi Cab 'Armed' Robbery
- Police Arrest Suspect in July Armed Robbery at Medford Subway
- UPDATE: Deputies Arrest Armed Suspect at Motel
- UPDATE: Police Search For Armed Robbery Suspect
- Police Search for Suspect in Armed Robbery
- Medford Police Search for Armed Robbery Suspect
- Police Searching For Armed Robbery Suspect
- Medford Police Looking For Armed and Dangerous Shooting Suspect
- Grants Pass Police Searching for Suspect Considered 'Armed and Dangerous'