KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore.- Early Sunday morning, Klamath County Emergency Dispatch got a phone call about an assault that happened on South Poe Valley Road. Klamath County Sheriff’s Office deputies responded and found one car leaving the scene at high speed. The car was stopped, and someone inside said they witnessed to the assault. That person told deputies that a victim was cut badly with a knife and was being taken to the hospital in another car.
The suspect, later identified as William Travis Newell, 27, was left on South Poe Valley Road and with unclear injuries. Deputies couldn't find the suspect after searching the area.
The 22 year old victim was interviewed by deputies at Sky Lakes Medical Center where he was being treated for serious injuries allegedly caused by a knife during an what police say is an unprovoked attack.
Later Sunday morning, a person living in the area called 911 saying there was a person knocking on their door claiming to have been assaulted at the Aftershock Bar. Deputies responded and found William Travis Newell who had physical injuries as well. Newell was interviewed, examined by medical personnel, and then was taken into custody for the crimes of Attempted Murder, Menacing, and Unlawful Use of a Weapon.
At this point in the investigation, police say it is unclear what provoked the alleged attack on the victim by Newell, but it was clear to responding deputies that alcohol intoxication was a contributing factor.
- 27 Year Old in Custody for Attempted Murder
- Man Charged with Attempted Murder in Talent
- Klamath Falls Man Arrested for Attempted Murder
- Medford Man Arrested in Maryland on Attempted Murder Charge
- Police: Suspect Arrested after Attempted Murder, Medford Stand-Off
- Brookings Shooting Suspect in Custody
- Ammon Bundy Released From U.S. Custody
- Wanted Man In Custody Following Standoff
- Klamath County Stabbing Suspect Taken Into Custody
- Stabbing Suspect in Custody near Klamath Falls