Klamath Oregon, OR. -- A Klamath Falls woman is dead following a car crash on US 97 in Klamath County.
At 5:37 p.m. Oregon State Police troopers responded to a motor vehicle crash on US 97 near milepost 256 in Klamath County.
Police say a grey 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup, driven by 22-year-old by Austin Haynes of Chiloquin, Oregon was traveling southbound. They say it crossed into the northbound lane and into a blue 1996 Ford Aerostar van driven by 57-year-old Melquiadez Ibarra of Klamath Falls, Oregon.
Police say Haynes was not injured as a result of the crash. Police say Ibarra sustained minor injuries and was transported by ground ambulance to an area hospital for treatment. They say a right front female passenger in the van, 66-year-old Terry Kirwan of Klamath Falls, Oregon, was deceased at the scene.
Police say Haynes displayed signs of impairment and performed voluntary standardized field sobriety tests. Police say Haynes was arrested and lodged in the Klamath County Jail for Manslaughter, Reckless Endangering, Assault III and Driving While Under the Influence of Intoxicants.
Police say US 97 was closed and traffic diverted for over 5 hours while Troopers investigated the crash scene. The Oregon Department of Transportation and Chiloquin Fire Department assisted at the scene.
Next of kin has been notified. The investigation is ongoing. OSP is asking if there are any witnesses to this crash who have not been interviewed to please contact the Oregon State Police Southern Regional Dispatch Center (SCC) at 541-883-5711.
- Klamath Falls Woman Dies in Car Crash
- Klamath Falls Man Killed In Single-Car Crash
- Woman found stabbed to death in Klamath Falls
- Red Ball From Klamath Falls To Lakeview
- US Air Force Honors Klamath Falls Airmen
- Officer Involved Shooting in Klamath Falls
- Klamath Falls First Interstate Bank Robbed
- Klamath Falls Amtrak Trains Expect Delays
- Homicide Investigation Underway in Klamath Falls
- Arrest Made In Fatal Klamath Falls Stabbing