SALEM, Ore. (AP) - Authorities say a 19-year-old woman sought by police was struck and killed when she tried to cross Interstate 5 in Salem.
Oregon State Police Lt. Mark Duncan says Salem officers were dispatched to a restaurant Sunday on a report that the woman, Sofia Diaz-Piceno, was causing a disturbance.
When officers arrived, they could not find her. Soon, they were told that someone had been struck on nearby I-5. Duncan says the woman was hit by at least two vehicles in the northbound lanes. She died at the scene.
The investigation remains active.
- 19-Year-Old Salem Woman Hit and Killed on Freeway
- Teams Rescue Injured Hiker East of Salem
- Cryptic Emergency Alert Panics Salem Area Residents
- Officials: Salem Drinking Water Remains Unsafe
- 19-year-old dies after inhaling deodorant spray to get high
- Clean Water Emergency in Salem Provokes Price Gouging Fears
- Grants Pass Woman Killed in Crash
- Jacksonville Woman Killed in Three-Vehicle Crash
- Man Hit and Killed by Train in Siskiyou County