ASHLAND, Ore. -- The outdoor Elizabethan Theater at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival attracts people from all over the world. But last night more than a thousand people were disappointed when the show couldn't go on. The decision to cancel was at the last moment, right before the show was to begin.because the smoke made the air far to unhealthy for the actors and the audience.
Canceling a show is something OSF tries to avoid. The Allen Elizabethan theater seats about 1,200 people. with tickets ranging from $30 to more than $100. The box office was busy today dealing with refunds and vouchers from last night's cancelation.
Management keep an eye on air quality levels to make sure it's safe to perform outdoors. But the smoke last night was just too strong.
Ticket holders were able to get a refund or trade in their ticket for a different performance.
- OSF Cancels Show Due to Smoke
- Flooding Causes OSF Show Delays and Cancellations
- OSF Prepares for 2016 Outdoor Shows
- OSF Preview Shows to Begin Friday
- OSF: Behind the Curtain - Show Selection
- OSF Announces Return of 'Green Show' Performances
- OSF announces 2019 Green Show Season
- OSF returns to the outdoor stage after smoke fears subside
- OSF Celebrates Juneteenth
- Tonight's OSF Outdoor Performance is Cancelled - 1 Option Available