ASHLAND, Ore. – Oregon Shakespeare Festival actor Catherine E. Coulson passed away Monday morning in her home after a battle with cancer.
She was a stage and screen actor best known for her role as The Log Lady in David Lynch’s legendary Twin Peaks.
Coulson spent 22 years with the Oregon Shakespeare Festival.
OSF Artistic Director Bill Rauch said Monday, “I am deeply saddened by Catherine’s passing. She was an integral part of this company, not only as an actor, but as a passionate advocate for the arts, for theatre, for OSF and for the community of Ashland.
Catherine was in the first play that I directed at OSF, and her welcoming spirit was directly responsible for me falling in love with this company. Artist, artisan, administrator or audience member, you knew that you were part of the Festival once you were welcomed by Catherine.
Her generosity of spirit was only matched by her vibrancy as an actor; she shone onstage in her every appearance. We will miss her with all our hearts.”
- OSF Actor Catherine Coulson Dies
- OSF Actor Dies From Cancer
- OSF Celebrates Juneteenth
- OSF Welcomes New Literary Director
- OSF Auctions Bears for Charity
- OSF Launches Living Ideas Series
- OSF Offers $10 Community Rush Discount
- OSF Prepares for 2016 Outdoor Shows
- OSF Preview Shows to Begin Friday
- OSF: Behind the Curtain - Show Selection