ASHLAND, Ore. – Nine films by local filmmakers are official selections in the 15th annual Ashland Independent Film Festival’s locals category.
Two films by Medford director Ray Nomoto Robison (Dear Future Self and The Settling) were accepted.
The list of selected directors also includes:
- Jacob Dalton and Christopher Lawruk, of Medford, for Loose Ends.
- Philip Kumsar, of Jacksonville, Jameson Collins, Lauren Dahl, and Violet Crabtreee, all of Arcata, Calif., for The Giantess, an adaptation of a comic by Crabtree.
- Dade Barlow of Jacksonville, for Female to Male: Transgender.
- Cat Gould of Ashland, for Bernardina.
- Amirah David of Ashland, for As I Am.
- Libby Edson of Ashland, for YoMIND/AHS (Ashland High School) Yoga Program.
“Our team of programmers was particularly impressed with these nine films, but the choice was tough, with a record number of submissions and so many strong entries to the festival this year,” said Richard Herskowitz, director of programming. “We hope that our local audiences will recognize the talented filmmakers among them and come out to cheer them on.”