BREAKING NEWS Man charged with murder, sex abuse of Eagle Point toddler Full Story

Unsolved: Angie Fullmer (2002)

It's been 15 years since Angie Fullmer was last seen. Her family believes someone ended her life but her body was never found. Investigators say the case has gone cold, but the search for Angie is far from over.

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 7:02 PM
Updated: Nov 8, 2017 9:24 AM

MOUNT SHASTA, Calif. -- It was a winter night 15 years ago when 34-year-old Angela “Angie” Fullmer disappeared from the quiet town of Mount Shasta, California. She was spending the weekend with an old boyfriend, Thomas O’Connell. He says they had been partying and decided to take a drive. They chose a remote areas near Lake Siskiyou. Tom says they picked this place in order to do drugs.

Angie’s family says she had struggled with addiction for many years of her life.

“Addiction runs in our family,” said Shannon Jauregui, Angie’s niece. “It doesn’t mean she was a bad person.”

O’Connell told investigators the trip was cut short after he got angry at Angie for tracking mud into his truck. He says Angie decided to leave. Investigators also say that O’Connell thought he heard a car and a door slam, thinking she had maybe gotten a ride out.

“Tom came 12 hours later knocking on the door - pounding on the door - freaking out,” said Jauregui. “[He was] telling my grandma, ‘Have you seen Angie? Have you seen Angie? She’s missing.’”

The searches for Angie began that night but were delayed due to a big storm hit the area. No body or trace of Angie was ever found. Investigators believe she would not have run away.

“She had children that she loved very much. Family that she loved,” said Det. Sgt. James Randall. “She would have reached out to those children and her family. I have no doubt about that.”

The case has since gone cold but detectives say the work is far from over. They’re confident someone in the area might have some answers.

“I do believe there’s a couple people that know exactly what happened to Angie and where she’s at,” said Randall. “And hopefully they understand that we’re not really after them so much as the one or ones responsible for her death.”

While Angie’s family no longer believes she is alive, they’re hoping someone with information will come forward so her family can finally begin to move forward.

“Angie’s birthday is coming up,” said Jauregui. “I’m 34 years old, she was 34 when she went missing. It would be really nice to know what happened and to be able to bury her and to have a little bit of closure instead of wondering.”

Article Comments

75° wxIcon
Hi: 75° Lo: 59°
Feels Like: 75°
62° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 62°
Crater Lake
77° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 49°
Feels Like: 77°
Grants Pass
Scattered Clouds
63° wxIcon
Hi: 70° Lo: 60°
Feels Like: 63°
Klamath Falls
77° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 45°
Feels Like: 77°
Cool and Damp Wednesday
KDRV Radar
KDRV Fire Danger
KDRV Weather Cam

Community Events

Latest Video


At The Market: Pasta,Cheese, and Microgreens


Wednesday, August 21 afternoon weather


Wednesday, August 21 morning weather


Yreka High freshmen ready for high school


Help send Yreka High's Vocal Ensemble to Carnegie Hall


Yreka High School students start their first day of school


Veteran fire crew heads to Alaska to fight fires


Suspect on the run after eluding police twice in one night


3rd Tuesday


back to school yreka