GOLD HILL, Ore. – 22 years later, and Danny Lee Kelley still hasn’t been found.
The 35-year-old man was initially reported missing by his mother in 1995. In May of 1995, Kelley reportedly had been staying at his home, which was outside of Gold Hill, on the Rogue River.
According to notes from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, Kelley’s mother indicated her son was still dealing with a divorce. Before Kelley disappeared, his mother found him at the scene of his eventual disappearance, saying he was under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, as well as describing him as “very incoherent.”
Kelley had recently arrived from Washington, and sheriff’s office notes also describe him as having an “alcohol problem.”
The night of Kelley’s disappearance, his mother may have been the last person to see him alive. As mentioned, she was at the scene of Kelley’s disappearance; while she was there, Kelley was said to have been last seen running through the heavy underbrush, toward the river – all while being “very incoherent.”
The case remains open, but no further evidence has been found to date.
- Unsolved: Danny Lee Kelley (1995)
- Unsolved: Koni Lynn Berry (1995)
- Unsolved: Timothy Lee Keays (1989)
- Unsolved: Jeremy Bright (1986)
- Unsolved: Gregory Bowles (2015)
- Unsolved: Kimberly Mericle (2017)
- Unsolved: Christopher Evans (2013)
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)
- Unsolved: Kattie Talbert (1998)
- Unsolved: Dwain Hodge (2014)