JACKSON COUNTY, Ore. -- Forty years ago, a 22-year-old man was found dead on the side of Highway 66.
The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says Dennis Scott Cole was killed execution-style in 1977. He was shot in the head twice.
Notes from the sheriff’s office show that he lived in the area and also in California, where he had been reported missing.
Cole left his parent’s house in Santa Clara, Calif. and police presumed he was headed back to his home off of Highway 66.
The sheriff’s office says Cole was a small-time marijuana dealer.
To this date, no suspects have been identified.
- Unsolved: Dennis Scott Cole (1977)
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)
- Unsolved: Calvin Jay Pringle (1977)
- Unsolved: Jeremy Bright (1986)
- Unsolved: Gregory Bowles (2015)
- Unsolved: Kimberly Mericle (2017)
- Unsolved: Christopher Evans (2013)
- Unsolved: Kattie Talbert (1998)
- Unsolved: Dwain Hodge (2014)
- Unsolved: Sheron Cheney (1997)