SARDINE CREEK, Ore. -- In 2002, Celia Darlene Barnes was camping in the Sardine Creek area with her sister before she was reported missing, according to case notes from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office.
The details of what happened to Barnes before she disappeared includes a search for “aluminum cans” and other “trinkets.” During this activity while camping, detectives point out that the sisters went separate ways; one sister went one way, returning 15 minutes later to find the victim gone.
The sister is said to have spent the night alone after the searching the area then looked for help from her sister’s boyfriend. The two of them eventually contacted Search and Rescue after looking for the victim for some time.
Barnes was reportedly a cancer patient in remission, according to detectives’ notes.
In an update listed from 2015, investigators note this case is worth a follow-up for more information. For the time being, the case remains open and Barnes still hasn’t been found.
- Unsolved: Celia Darlene Barnes (2002)
- Unsolved: Jerry McKoen (2002)
- Unsolved: Angie Fullmer (2002)
- Unsolved: James Curtis Kitchens (2002)
- Unsolved: Jeremy Bright (1986)
- Unsolved: Gregory Bowles (2015)
- Unsolved: Kimberly Mericle (2017)
- Unsolved: Christopher Evans (2013)
- Unsolved: Cindy King (1977)
- Unsolved: Kattie Talbert (1998)