Have the sniffles or know someone who does? It may be time to give your immune system a tune up so it's ready to do its job in protecting you against germs.
Our immune system is responsible for protecting us against disease. When you think of the immune system think of a business for your body. In order to make sure the job is done well, your body needs balance and harmony.
It's that time of year when the weather changes and people begin to get the sniffles, head colds, and we see flu shot ads everywhere.
Here are some things you can do to keep your immune system strong and healthy:
- Don't smoke
- Only consume alcohol in moderation
- Make sure your diet includes lots of fruits and vegetables
- Take a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement
- Exercise regularly to maintain a healthy weight
- Get plenty of sleep
- Ways To Keep Your Immune System Strong
- Measles wipe immune system's memory of other illnesses, studies find
- Brookings-Harbor School Dist.: 108 students with incomplete immunization records
- New law: Farmers, ranchers have immunity in fire fights
- Oregon Sees Strong Job Gains in October
- Strong Handshakes Lead to Good Heart Health
- Strong Oregon Economy Triggers Taxpayer Refund