Jacksonville, ORE.-- The Britt Festival has been entertaining crowds in Southern Oregon for 55 years and now we know what talent is headed to our region this summer.
The Britt Festival kicks off June 17th and runs until September 20th.
There will be almost 40 nights of music-- some of the big names coming-- The Temptations, The Goo Goo Dolls, Rick Springfield, Huey Lewis And The News—to name a few.
Don Hurley says, "The lineup this year is incredible and the first shows they started to announce a couple months ago all the way up until tonight, it's just incredible."
And like the variety of music, there will be a variety of gourmet food to choose from this year.
The concept of food trucks was introduced a couple years ago-- now it's becoming a permanent addition to the hill.
President Donna Briggs says, "We have identified four local food providers which will be up on the Hill, back Porch Bar and Grill, Frau Kemmling, Peruvian Point, and Fired Up Gourmet, so they'll actually be serving up food on the Hill."
The President of the Festival says the non-profit only generates about 60% of the needed revenue through ticket sales-- so memberships are crucial in keeping the festival alive.
And in order to buy tickets ahead of time, you have to be a member.
President Donna Briggs says, "The economic impact of Britt is over 10 million dollars a season, so it's significant to our community, Britt is more than just a music venue, Britt is about the community."
Memberships start at 100 dollars.
Last year about 65,000 people came through the hillside.
The venue only seats 2,200 people and tickets sell out quickly and seats fill up fast.
Ticket pre-sale for members starts April 7th and regular sales start May 12th.
Britt is also announcing a plan to upgrade the audience benches on the Britt Hill.
The current benches were put in 30 years ago and can hold 662 people.
They will be replaced starting right after this season ends.
The Britt Festival is currently working to raise the 1 million dollars needed to make the improvements.
- Britt Festival Announces Lineup, Gourmet Food Options
- Britt Festival Announces their Orchestra Lineup
- FULL LINEUP for 2018 Britt Festival
- Britt Announces More Shows In 2018 Festival Lineup
- Britt Festival makes second 2020 summer lineup announcement
- Britt Festival set to announce final lineup on Thursday evening
- Britt Announces Full 2017 Season Lineup
- Britt Festival rolls out full 2019 music & comedy lineup
- Ashland Independent Film Festival Announces Lineup
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival Announces 2019 Lineup