JACKSONVILLE, Ore. -- Businesses around Jacksonville are gearing up for the arrival of Britt Festival concert goers. Tickets for the Britt Festival went on sale today and festival organizers say tickets are selling fast. Already, reserved seating for 10 concerts are sold out.
Britt Festival officials say recent ticket sales are a reflection of an improving economy. Store owners say each year the festival brings folks from around the world and business to the area.
"We extend our hours in the summer and we just get psyched when we know there's going to be a show that day," said Terra Firma store owner, Mark Millner. "The economy has played a big role in getting people here."
Oregon economists agree. Post-recession, the state's economy is continuing to rise.
"The overall economy has been growing quite strong for a number of months," said Guy Tauer, an economist with the Oregon Employment Department. "So Oregon, overall, if you look at it statewide, we're really back above that pre-recession level of employment and we exceeded back where we were at in 2007."
Platon Mantheakis, the manager at Jacksonville Inn, says summer shows are some of the busiest times of the year for the hotel.
"When the Britt announces, or exposes, the first line-up of performers, there are certain shows that will sell out the hotel immediately," said Mantheakis. "I tell them book now, book fast because if there is a big show, you might not be able to get to stay at the Jacksonville Inn."
The Britt Festival begins June 17th.
- Jacksonville Businesses Prepare for Britt Festival Goers
- Successful summer in Jacksonville for Britt Fest and businesses
- Britt Festival Announces Lineup, Gourmet Food Options
- Britt Festival Opens Tickets to Public
- FULL LINEUP for 2018 Britt Festival
- Britt Festival Announces New Name & Logo
- Britt Festival Announces their Orchestra Lineup
- Local Businesses Gearing Up for Britt Fest
- Britt Festival announces first batch of concerts for 2020 'Britt Presents' season
- Britt Announces More Shows In 2018 Festival Lineup