With all the processed food available, it's difficult to know the amount of sugar our blood ends up accumulating. Too much sugar can lead to a very serious disease we've all heard of -- diabetes.
If you notice these three factors in your body, it's time to make a change in your nutrition habits:
Feeling hungry all the time
Feeling hungry throughout the day (even after you have eaten) indicates excess sugar in the bloodstream. If you notice excess or frequent hunger throughout your day, it's time to make a positive change in your diet.
No matter how much water you drink, that dry mouth feeling just won't go away. This is an important sign that your body needs to detox and cleanse. Keep drinking water and cut back the excess processed sugar you're consuming.
Going to the bathroom more often
The body eliminates toxins through urine, and needing to use the bathroom more than usual could mean your body is trying to get rid of excess sugar.
Although these are common symptoms of high blood sugar, they could also be related to other health issues, such as anxiety. Listen to your body and make sure you're giving it what it needs.
If your body is warning you of high blood sugar, here are some things you can do to change your lifestyle:
- Decrease processed foods, such as crackers, white bread, potatoes, soft drinks, juices and treats
- Decrease over-the-counter medication like pain-relievers
- Substitute high-sugar foods with low-sugar foods
- Prepare your meals at home
- Exercise regularly
When people don't change their habits and continue to take in large amounts of sugar, they can develop very serious illnesses. Be aware of these early signs of high blood sugar as noted by WebMD:
- Increased thirst
- Trouble concentrating
- Blurred vision
- Frequent bathroom visits
- Weight loss
If you're experiencing any of these symptoms, it's best to talk to a doctor immediately to get the right help to fix it and prevent it from causing further issues.
- 3 Signs That You Have High Blood Sugar
- Oregon Century: Sugar Factory
- Almond Brown Sugar and Fruit Tart
- Governor Declares Sugar Pine Fire a 'Conflagration'
- Hendrix, Natchez, Sugar Pine & Umpqua Complex Fires: Hendrix Halfway Contained
- Cutting Sugars Completely are Unlikely to Help Your Health
- Can Grilled Meat Put You at Risk for High Blood Pressure?
- Home Burns as Sugar Pine, Miles Fire Merge and Surge South
- Rare Super Blue Blood Moon Expected Early Wednesday Morning
- Lunar Showstopper: 1st Super Blue Blood Moon in 35 Years